Meeting Notes 6 November 2009
Present: Vincent Dickie (L.S.A), Jenny Tanner (M-R Neighbourhood Project), Emma Frost (RAP), Carol Davis (Sports Waitakere), Kimberley Williams (Ranui Community House), Patrisha O’Sullivan
Apologies: Dot Dalziel
Notetakers: Kim & Jenny
Previous minutes: Received as accurate
Matters arising from previous minutes:
- McLaren Park idea to produce a video highlighting Candia Rd hotspots
‘parked’ until we hear from Leao & Tania.
ACTION: Defer to next meeting
issue seems a rising
problem with Emma sighting incidences in Carlas Way.
- Needs a whole ‘Education’ Awareness approach in the community
- Jenny is familiar with Safe Waitakere organising a Big Wheels type Day some years ago. Wheels Day at local school have also been run. Good opportunity for education
- Vincent discussed Shared spaces initiative in CHCH
- Carol Timmins of Safe Waitakere may be someone to suggest support for a Wheels & Walk Day
ACTION: Vincent to find out about the Cycling Action Group in Waitakere
- Emma was not able to submit MM funding application
- Carol will discuss possible resourcing from Sports Waitakere
- Westgate may be too challenging and launching the event at Westcity more realistic
- Suggestions of who to approach included ‘Leisure’ at Council, Bernadette Fatu at Council, Travel Wise’ coordinator at Council (Vincent will contact), Robin Jenkin-Winters for business involvement (Emma will contact)
ACTION: Invite appropriate people to our next meeting to arrange an event (at least get dialogue started)
Map of relevant contacts
– still ongoing with Vincent setting up meeting with ECO Matters & Sustainable Ranui-Swanson re finding street level ‘leadership’ to progress this work.
- Walk2Work 2010
Getting new people on board
- Inviting Max or Robert Lipka – Senior Urban Designer for WCC as speakers for upcoming meeting.
- Publicity article ie What’s On column (needs 2-3 weeks notice) in Western Leader to get new people along. Useful to contact Sonia Davies at Western Leader.
- Attending local event to raise profile of LSA/WWW preferable to organising a separate gathering
Pacific in the park, Moire Rd
- Being held in two weeks, 3-8pm
- Trisha is available to man a stall and will contact Bernie Fatu to register
- Emma has offered to do up a form to take down registrations of interest
- Vincent will provide information resources to hand out and explore prize options
- Carol has ‘Pram Walking’ brochures to give out also
- Suggest Robert Lipka be part of the Walk & Wheels day or the Walk2Work day
Ranui Community House
- Unfortunately Kim had to leave before the meeting finished but had advised earlier that there are currently 5 walking groups
Living streets membership.
handed out and people encouraged to join
- Fees support the work of LSA
- Thank you to Vincent for getting an article on WWW!!!
Friday 4th December at 10.30am
Friday 5th February
Friday 5th March