how walking contributes to SPARC's goal of NZ being the most active nation
This presentation will describe how SPARC has encouraged the growth of walking through:
• Green Prescriptions-the GP referral scheme where about 80% of the referrals are for walking particularly for patients with
weight issues, heart disease risk factors and for smoking cessation.
• Push Play -the social marketing campaign that encourages walking for fun and fitness
• Sponsorship of walking events (e.g. Walking events at NZ Masters Games)
• Resource development to encourage walking as a form of activity
• Partnerships with health agencies such as the National Heart Foundation and Diabetes NZ during awareness weeks.
• Whole of community interventions where walking is one tool to encourage community activity, often in collaboration with
other government and non-government agencies. These interventions cover a wide spectrum from 10,000 steps programmes to the
formation of formalised walking groups.
• Collaborative approach to developing strategy for walking with other government agencies.
|Reference #: |
|Date Published: |
Publisher Email: unknown
New Zealand Location: unknown