Making submissions on strategies, plans and proposals is one of the most important ways of shaping your community.
Decision makers feel more accountable when they realise that people care about what they're doing, and are prepared to tell them what they think. The more people who support or oppose a plan, the harder it is for Councillors and others to ignore their views.
Here are some resources to help you write and present effective submissions. Browse through and find which ones will help you.
- Making Submissions Resource Kit html | PDF
- Annual Plan submissions PDF
- Points for submissions on RLTPs, LTCCPs html
- Tips for making verbal submissions PDF
- Verbal submissions mind map PDF
- A Councillors perspective on verbal submissions PDF
- Submision front page template for local groups doc
- Univeristy of Otago - Supporting cycling and walking in your city: A toolkit for submissions to Local Government Annual Plans html | PDF